All set to rock and roll? This popular party trendsetter holds a perfect balance of whiskey, peach schnapps, and sweet and sour mix to create a scrumptious drink.
What’s A Green Tea Shot?
What’s a green tea shot often pops up in our minds. Here is the answer.
The origin of the green tea shots comes from its green hue, not the internal ingredients.
Despite this name, this refreshing drink has no green tea (or any tea). Surely, it’s a whiskey-based cocktail with peach schnapps.
It has the perfect balance of sweet and sour that can be especially refreshing.
So just for a fact, if you are expecting something healthy or an alcoholic drink mixed with green tea in it, you need to know that There Is No Green Tea in Green Tea Shot!
Nutrition Facts (Per Serves)
|78 Calories||0g Fat||9g Carbs||0g Protein|
Let’s Understand What’s In A Green Tea Shot?
It has no green tea, then what’s in it? Here are the green tea shot ingredients; Let’s see what is in a green tea shot?
- Two ounces Irish whiskey – Since Jameson Whiskey is the original, there is always a craving to taste the real-time flavor.
- This is a fruity-flavored peach liqueur blended with a fruity flavor. It contains between 15% and 20% alcohol, so that you could cut this down to 1 ounce.
- Two ounces sweet and sour mix – This sugar and water mix with lemon-lime juice is easily available in most stores.
- Sprite or a sweeter drink is always recommended if you want to use lemon and lime soda. If you are a fan of the sour side, you can add lemonade.
- Two-three ice cubes to add some more coolness to this party thriller.
This drink is the creation of the very famous and incredibly popular Jameson Whiskey Company. You can substitute your favorite Japanese, Irish, or American whiskey if you prefer.
To intensify your shots, top them off with lemon-lime soda and blend it with some sweetness for a more blended yet palatable experience.
And hence, it’s called a Green Tea “SHOT” we advise you to drink it in 4-5 sips. Hence, this is the answer to this mind-boggling question – what is a green tea shot, and what’s inside this party thriller?
How To Make These Jameson Green Tea Shots?
Jumping to the creation of this crowd pleaser – Green Tea Shots.
1. Green Tea Shot Recipe
These shots are the Perfect Party or Non-party Solution for all your gatherings, be they social or corporate.
Oh, so tasty, oh so exotic are the real-time experiences you will feel when you will have it!
|Servings||Usually two, but it depends on the party list, so it’s advisable to learn it wisely.|
2. Green Tea Shot Ingredients
It’s tasty yet exotic. Take great delight in looking at the green tea shot ingredients;
- 1/2 ounce Irish Whiskeys, such as Jameson (15 ml)
- 1/2 ounce Peach Schnapps (15 ml)
- 1/2 ounce Sour Mix (15 ml)
- Splash of Sprite or other lemon-lime soda
- 2 – 4 ice cubes
3. Green Tea Shot Instructions
- Add ice to a glass or cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the Irish whiskey, peach schnapps, sweet and sour mix, and lemon-lime soda.
- If you are a fan of a cocktail shaker, place the lid on and shake it madly for like 10 seconds until everything is perfectly blended.
- In case of using a glass, take your spoon and mix all the ingredients for about 10 seconds until all the ingredients are blended.
- Pour this drool-worthy combination into individual shot glasses.
- Serve and enjoy the exquisiteness of this party thrilled – Green Tea Shots.
The pre-considering tip here is that the sour mix rules the color of the green tea shot. Few are brighter, and one blended with lime juice may produce a greener hue.
It’s super easy to make the sour mix in the comfort of your home. Not at all expensive yet cost-effective and ensures you a taste you adore.
4. Green Tea Shots Equipment
Wondering how to make a green tea shot?
Here are the major types of equipments you will need for preparing the palatable blend of green tea shots;
- Cocktail shaker
- Bar strainer
- Shot glasses
- Sour cocktail mix
- Ice cubes
What Are The Green Tea Shots Variations?
Do you want your drink to last a little longer? Add the Irish whiskey more to 1 – 1/2 ounces, shake it well, and strain the drink into an ice-loaded glass, and meanwhile, add 1 to 2 soda ounces.
1. Green Tea Mocktail
Want a nonalcoholic version? You can replace the alcohol with the exquisiteness of lime juice. Even better, you can replace alcohol with green tea. Mix all the ingredients and refrain from adding the liquor; you can add the green tea.
2. White Tea Shots
You can replace whiskey with vodka for a white tea shot. Aside from the color difference, white tea shots are super sweet in taste.
3. Lemon Juice
Classic green tea shots truly call for lemon-lime soda. Instead of the 7UP in, you can even use lemon juice.
Just add about half of a tablespoon to your cocktail shaker. Beyond this, you can even add syrup to make it sweeter. Add equal parts of sugar and water to a saucepan and then heat it until the sugar part is dissolved.
Substitutions for Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Bourbon or brandy can be substituted if you don’t like whiskey or do not want to use whiskey.
- The flavor of these shots may change a bit, but they are going to be amazing.
- A splash of smooth Cognac will also be an excellent substitution for whiskey.
Tips For Making Green Tea Shots
- Although they are shots, never feel like you need to complete them in one go. These green tea shots are totally flavored, and you can drink them in three to four sips.
- If you prefer something stronger than ever, go ahead and skip the soda.
- Due to the color, this is a perfect pick for St. Patrick’s Day or a go-green theme-based party.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can These Be Made into a Green Tea Cocktail?
This drink does not contain real-time tea; these green shots are truly exotic in taste and look!
2. Can These Be Made into a Green Tea Cocktail?
Awesome! Make these green tea shots into green tea cocktails by letting these ice cubes melt and diluting the same with alcohol content.
3. Why Is It Called a Green Tea Shot Without Tea?
The green hue of this drink is the real reason. Hence, there is no green tea shots.
This party shot is a combination of these sweet & sour elements. You can double up the quantities and serve it in a rocks glass over ice as a proper cocktail.
More from The Corwol
- 25+ Trending DIY Plant Stand Ideas for Plant Lovers
- 25 Best Tulum All Inclusive Resorts Mexico You’ll Love
- 25+ Amazing Sims 4 House Ideas That You’ll Love
- 15 Coolest Types of Ear Piercings Trending Now
- 15+ Terraria House Ideas and Designs That You’ll Love
For more, you can browse through Corwol.